Thursday, April 8, 2010

Busy busy

Thanks for all the great title advice everyone! I am busy brewing ideas. I'm also really busy in general so today's post is going to be a short update of what is occupying my writing schedule.

Book One is in the process of getting one last shine edit.

My brain is bleeding from pondering query letter and synopsis content that might be marginally better than what I already have come up with. Maybe.

The Sequel is coming along nicely... or it was until I discovered a huge section that I might have to toss because of the changes I made to the first chapters to make it mesh with all the changes I made in Book One during the countless major revisions I made after originally finishing it and writing the sequel's rough draft.

I recently discovered that tend to spawn really long sentences. I don't know when that happened. I'm usually a short, clipped and fragmented kinda girl. Honest. If you made it through that last one in one breath, find yourself some chocolate and pretend its from me.

The short story I've been working on needs to get fixed and submitted in the next two weeks.

I'm trying to avoid looking at Xander and Ms. Wildstar who are mollifying each other's teen angst with an uncomfortable amount of face sucking and deep throat exploration. "Really guys, take that somewhere else, would you?" I don't think they even heard me. Ugh.

Also in the works, another Victims of the Knife.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny post. I read your Really Long Sentence and failed to do so in one thinking breath (yes, I imagine my thinking breathing when I think). Ay, there's the rub. For amidst the ham and dip in my fridge there be a "tablette de chocolat". Quelle dommage.
    I also enjoyed the fragment joke. Reminds me of a satyrical article about what not to do when writing.
    Eg:
    "Don't use fragments. Ever."
    "And never begin sentences with conjunctions."

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.