Friday, June 3, 2011

Need a warm up to start your writing day?

There's no right or wrong really and you have one word and a minute to type away. Try oneword.com and let the creativity flow.

My only wish (Who is so boring that they truly only have one wish? Really? Come on.) is that it would cut off after one minute. Like NaNo word wars, I get so busy typing that I don't notice the little message at the bottom of the screen telling me that time is up. I need constant prodding like write or die so that I pay attention. However, I do like the word prompt and the idea of the quick warm up. Stopping to read the other entries on the same word prompt just opens up a whole new distraction -- which my writing day really doesn't need. At all. No sir.

It is a neat idea though and did spark some interesting thoughts. Just don't come back and complain that I offered a new outlet for procrastination. Ignore the other responses and be productive!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is so cool! I just tried one for chalkboard. It came out from the perspective of an angry & hungover teacher. Quite interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.