Monday, August 6, 2012

Go ahead, freak me out.

From my pond: One of our many friendly frogs.
With now seven submissions bouncing around as they look for a home, opening email has become even more of a gut-wrenching, nail-biting, take-a-deep-breath-and-click daily trial. The odds of rejections, sometimes multiple per day are even more likely. Yes, rejections are part of the game and certainly to be expected, but that doesn't make getting email any more fun. Yet, masochist/writer that I am, I still find myself checking the darn inbox several times throughout the day. So feel free to mess with and write a comment. Nothing like seeing something in my inbox to make me freak out for just a split second.

I'll be maintaining blog silence (no new posts anyway) for the next two weeks while I take a road trip out to Yellowstone. Ah, the smell of sulfur, it refuels the creative juices. Or maybe those are churning stomach juices... Anyway, I'll be recharging all my juices and taking some photos to adorn future posts. It's been fifteen years since my last visit there so it will be fun to see what has changed along the way as we travel.

See you on the other side of silence.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are having a great time in Yellowstone. Just returned from a camping trip and relative blog silence myself. Normal service resuming...

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.