Thursday, January 8, 2015

What are you reading?

As another new year launches into the golden pit of good intentions, I am hoping to add a little more reading along with my one word goal of writing. And no, I don't mean writing checks. I've done enough of that to add up to a novella last year. Sadly, it wouldn't be a very exciting novella so I'll pass on sharing an excerpt from November's chapter of plumbing and septic.

< In packing the contents of my bookshelves, I was again reminded of how little I've added to them in the past year or two. On the other hand, my TBR pile is massive, and not yet packed. Why not? I guess I'm not ready to admit utter defeat yet. It's a new year, I get to optimistic about at least one thing, don't I?

This week on Author's Answer, we discuss what we like to read. Out of curiosity, I'm also going to take a peek at all the books I'm currently reading. Maybe this will subconsciously spur me into actually finishing some of them. Eventually.


Rise of the Spider Goddess by Jim C Hines
The Faded Sun: Kesrith by C.J. Cherryh
The Book of Shadows by James Reese
20 Master Plots (and How to Build Them) by Ronald B. Tobias
The Years Best Science Fiction 2006 edited by Gardner Dozois
The Passage by Justin Cronin
Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire
Two-Handed Engine by Henry Kutter and C.L. Moore

Well now, that's a lot of books to be reading at once. At least for me. Here's to a year of conquering this list and hopefully getting to a few I haven't cracked open yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.