Friday, April 6, 2018

A to Z - All About Writing: Facebook Groups

Welcome to the Blogging A to Z Challenge, where, this month, I'll be focusing on all things writing. This may be a random jumping around of topics within my theme, but hopefully something somewhere will be useful to someone. (V is for vague - see that last sentence.) Check out all the participants here and lets get on with today's letter.

F is for Facebook Groups

I wish I'd been clued into this one years before I broke down and asked a fellow writer. There are groups for all kinds of writerly things on Facebook. Do a search in Groups and you'll very likely find something that fits your needs.

• Review/Arc readers
• Writing groups in your area
• Reviewers
• Beta Readers
• Marketing groups
• Promo groups
• Support/accountability groups
• Local author event groups

They're all out there. Go forth and search.

Got any favorite Facebook groups you'd like to share?

Would you like a free e-book? This April, I'm giving away free copies of my new anthology, Destiny Pills & Space Wizards. Claim your copy here: https://claims.instafreebie.com/free/vhJFWpLL Enter code atozpromo
Prefer paperback? The print book goes live on April 20. Reviews are always appreciated.




6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you commented on my post, because I hadn't made it that far down the blog list yet and may not have found you until we were on "T" or something! This is a great theme, and today's post is solid. I am the same way about editing groups. There is so much suppport out there, and it's just a matter of looking for it and finding a good fit. No one can do it alone, and it's crazy to think we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose this is this almost the same as group critiques? I'm not on facebook so I really don't know but if I were in need of a group, I'm sure they're out there if I just look for them.

    have a lovely day.

    my latest a-z post is:
    firmament

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've joined Facebook groups on writing, but have trouble keeping up with them and all Facebooks groups in general. I can't remember when I last posted on one of the writing groups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean - it's interesting to know about them .. and fascinating how much help is out there ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I belong to and administer several Facebook groups but almost all are related to Ecuador. I'll have to check out writing ones. I actually belong to a small Facebook group just for the A to Z Challenge. It is 10 or so of us helping each other with things like where to share daily posts, etc. Quite helpful so I can see how a larger one would be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love facebook for many reasons and this post reminds me that I am not taking advantage of groups that gather on FB and would be of interest to this writer. Thanks for this quick tip.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.